If you are like most people, you don’t know what to with all the boxes you get from things you purchase. You could just throw them away in the recycling bin, or you can put them to good use. I have lots of boxes, and I also have a lot of stuff! After all, I have two kids. So I decided to put those boxes to use by using them to help organize. And I came up with couple of ways you can turn those unwanted boxes into solutions to help you organize.
The first solution is what I use around my office and shelves. It is just a shoe box that I painted white with a leather pull.
Materials needed for white chic white box with leather pull:
Shoe boxes or old clothing boxes
Scissors to cut leather into strips to form a pull for shoebox
Instructions for white chic box with leather pull:
- First, spray paint the box with 2-3 coats waiting 12 to 24 hours in between coats
- Cut leather strip into 1 inch by 3 inch
- Fold leather strip and punch hole about 1/2 inch from the end through both sides
- Use leather strip with hole to measure where to make hole on lid of box. Mark with pen and then punch hole in lid of box.
- Finally, push pin of rivet through both folded leather strip and hole in lid of box, and then set the rivet cap. See images below.
STEP 5:INSIDE OF THE LID PUT THE CAP ON THE PIN AND USE THE SETTER ON THE CAP TO SET THE RIVET FOR THE LEATHER PULL.
White Box with label
The second solution I use for all my kids toys to help organize. This is a just a very simple white box.
Materials for white labeled box for chic toy organization:
Instructions for white labeled box for chic toy organization:
- First, spray paint the box with 2-3 coats waiting 12 to 24 hours in between coats.
- Then, adhere label on white painted box.